September 23, 2007

Dunnellen Street Fair

I was working today at the Street Fair trying to get some people to join the data base at work. I think i said "Get paid for your opinion" about 60 million times today. But I got a couple of good deals.

A) Set of queen sized sheets for $20 bucks! Deep Pockets too, 400 thread count. Score!

B) Newspaper subscription for 15 dollars for the year! (Sunday and Thursdays only). Now that's a good deal!


P.S. Ever wonder what a British, Vegetarian eats everyday for a year?
I did too. But not anymore! http://www.eat22.com/

I find it interested because I am giving up meat. NOT entirely just mostly, and its for a variety of reasons. Here they are, in no particular order....

1) I think meat is more difficult to digest
2) I am upset by the conditions of slaughter houses in America (therefore I will be eating food my husband shoots, and pulls from oceans and streams without hesitation)
3) I am trying to lose some weight and I think that eating less meat and dairy will help that.
4) My intolerance to lactose seems to be increasing unfortunately.
5) The meat is typically (but not always) my least favorite part of any meal.

Anyhoo, I'm still eating meats and dairy in some respects because my husband is the worlds biggest carnivore and it would be too much work to make two meals sometimes, but he will likely be eating less meat too unless he decides to take up cooking (doubtful). When possible I will make myself a protein meat substitute, like when we BB-q steaks, I have been having a bean burger with the same flavorful sides that Ron has. And when we make chicken breast open face sandwiches I have imitation chicken patties. (which are REALLY good by the way)

But bear in mind that today for lunch I had a delicious sausage, pepper and onion sandwich and for dinner I had pork chops. So I will take the yummy or easy way out at some times. I'm not going to beat myself up about it though. Anything is better than nothing.

:)

3 comments:

Mary and Rose said...

if its the fact that you like the taste of meat, you could always have that nasty soy meat crap. that i hate. but thats becuase i dont like the taste of meat to begin with. but im not sure if i read your thing correctly either. =]

Nikki & Ron said...

I think I want to eat both, sometimes I like veggies and sometimes meat, so I'm going back and forth. But i haven't had any meat in a few days...so we'll see how I do....

Jonathon and Katie said...

Cherry Grove farm, baby. We liked that route because the meat was too expensive to eat often, but we didn't have to feel guilty about how the animals were raised and slaughtered. But you already knew that. It sucks in Michigan because not too many people care enough for there to be a market for that kind of thing. And, I'm at the mercy of my in-laws who are giving me a roof over my head and food to eat. So, I can't complain.