October 14, 2007

Jack-O-Lanters!

On October 10th Nikki and I did our annual pumpkin carving. It's always fun to do! Hopefully they won't mold and rot too much before Halloween.
We're trying two different ways to preserve them. I'm spraying it with Pam inside to prevent moisture loss and also spray it with Lysol to kill mold. Nikki is using just lemon juice.

Looks like Nikki is winning so far, as of writting this my pumpkin has made more mold than hers.

Nikki's is the cat and mine is the monster face.


3 comments:

Jonathon and Katie said...

Great pumpkins. I had no idea you could preserve them. I'll have to try the lemon juice trick.

Nikki & Ron said...

Well we're not doing too well on the preserving front. The mold is going nuts, although i think the lemon juice is helping. Nikki's is holding up better than mine.

Unknown said...

The cold air also helps, were they indoors? Great job carving as usual!