October 14, 2007

Opening Day of duck Season

I think some people who don't normally see this side of me would find these pics rather funny.
On October 13th my dad and I went to Paulenskill WMA (Wildlife Management Area) in Lafayette NJ.
I got up at 3:20 AM to meet my dad at my parent's house in Plainfield. We left there at about 4:20. We got to the parking lot at about 5:45. We then got on our chest waders, jackets, packs full of decoys and shotguns and then hopped on our bikes. That's right! Bikes!
HAHA it must be pretty funny to see someone in boots up to their chest , plastic duck heads in their backpack and a shotgun across their back taking a bike ride!
Well we rode about 10 minutes down the dirt road to where we have to turn into the marsh/lake. We dragged the bikes in and locked them up. We then walked another 5-10 minutes to our spot. Once there we got our things together and put out the decoys and were ready by 6:25. Legal shooting time was 7:38 (half hour before sunrise) so we got to relax a little bit.
It was a very nice day. I got a Green Wing Teal and my dad got a Green Wing Teal and a Wood Duck. Boy the area is so pretty!

I see some of the prettiest places in New Jersey fishing and hunting.
When we have enough duck Nikki and I will probably go over my parents and have a duck dinner. My dad has a new recipe he wants to try.

You should be able to click the pictures, i fixed a coding issue that had been preventing that.


My dad in full camo scanning the sky. Ducks can see color so hence the "bandit" look.


See the fog? Earlier it was so thick I couldn't past that decoy in the background. Oh and those aren't ducks back there, they are decoys.



See the decoys? What a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how do you stay awake out there? Must be nice and peaceful. Well for the humans anyway :)